The miniaturist group a very small consortium, based at the University of Wisconsin –Green Bay, seeks compositions for performance during the 2014-2015 concert season. All submitted works must be miniatures; a work may qualify as a miniature in one of two ways:
– the piece consists of 100 or fewer notes (with the definition of “a note” left to the discretion of the composer);
– the piece is 60 seconds or less in duration.
We will consider works that feature instruments/voices from the list below as soloists or in any combination. Additionally, we will consider graphic scores, text-based scores and scores with open/flexible instrumentation.
Soprano voice (1)
Mezzo-soprano voice (1)
Baritone voice (1)
B-flat clarinet (1)
Soprano saxophone (1)
Alto saxophone (2)
Tenor saxophone (1)
Baritone saxophone (1)
Percussion (1) – (available instruments: all standard orchestral percussion, 5-octave marimba, vibraphone)
Submissions are accepted via email only. Please send scores (and parts, if necessary) in PDF format to the email address below. MP3s are welcome but not necessary. Please also include the following information:
• Composer contact information
• A very small biography (50 or fewer words, please)
• Very small program notes (1-3 sentences, please)
• We plan to stream our fall concert (which takes place on Saturday, September 27th online); in your submission, please include a sentence granting us permission to stream your piece if it is selected for this concert.
Scores must be received by Friday, August 1, 2014 to be considered for fall performances. Scores arriving after this deadline will be retained for future consideration.
Submission Email Address: email@example.com